Applying for Aid as a Graduate Professional

Help With ...
Submit Case
Contact Us

To apply for federal aid, you must:

1. Apply to the University as a degree-seeking student

2. Complete the FAFSA Online

Federal School Code is 001536. This is for all students accepted into a non medical doctor degree program and includes students in medical programs such as Physical Therapy and Public Health.

Federal School Code is E00532 for all students accepted into the Law School.

Create an FSA ID and Password at

FAFSA may be completed as early as October 1.

3. Accept/Decline Aid in CaneLink

Students will be awarded financial aid based on an estimated full time cost of attendance assuming the student will be enrolled full time (enrollment of 9 credit hours). Before the start of the term the Office of Financial Assistance and Employment will adjust each student’s Cost of Attendance based on their actual tuition charges and if necessary reduce their financial aid.

4. Complete Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling

These requirements must be completed via for both the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and the Graduate PLUS Loan before loan funds can be disbursed. Note that "Financial Awareness Counseling", which provides tools and information to help students understand financial aid and manage their finances, does not meet the federal requirements for completing the Entrance Counseling.